8 months ago

Can we see the new India-Middle East-Europe corridor as an alternative to China's BRI?

in the G20 summit in delhi, modi launched told the world India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor.
it is a multination project looking to build road, water and rail network in Asia, Middle east and Europe for easing trade among these countries. it is similar to China's BRI which looks to do the same.

As China and India can be considered rivals, the project also acts as geopolitical tool to lessen the influcne of China.

What are your thoughts? 

.8 months ago

besides all the similarities in the two projects, there is one striking difference. India is not doing any of it to exert control on less developed nations. We are not looking for small countries to be get stuck in a debt-trap like China does. Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas has taken an international meaning.

I hope the project gets to fruition stage the soonest.

.8 months ago

True that.

But to add to what you just said - Sabka Saath. Sabka Vikas. Sabka Vishwas.

The new global currency is 'Trust', and India Bharat is surely leading the way as being the most trusted partner of vartious nation. Every time a country is in trouble, Bharat goes forward and helps them. We even helped Turkey in its time of need, despite it being a sort of enemy nation. Ukraine wants Bharat's assistance. We will also extend a helping hand to Morocco.

Time to be voice of the Global South not because of our military or economic might, but because of who we are as a nation and what we represent.

.8 months ago

Vishwaguru Bharat.
Naman aapko

.8 months ago

All I can say is every move by PM Modi can considered as a political/geopolitical tool. 
Like in this case, just hours after announcement of India-ME-Europe Economic corridor, Italy, which was the only G7 nation to be a part of BRI, announced that it is planning to leave the BRI. 

.8 months ago

I didnt know that 
is Italy's exit confirmed ?

.8 months ago

I think thats what they were talking about ;)

.8 months ago

main events were happening in the sidelines *smirks*

.8 months ago

Haha! seems like it.