3 years ago

On this day last year, the first case suspected for Covid-19 infection was reported in India in Thrissur district of Kerala.

One year has gone so fast, and though initially it felt like the impact of the pandemic will be devastating for India, we are sitting at a much more comfortable position.

From capacity building in our medical infrastructure, to confidence building in our vaccination programme, we have come a long long way in just a span of one year.

Everybody came together to fight the virus and minimise its effects. Special thanks to the health care workers, and frontline heroes who not only gave us a chance to survive this adversity, but also positioned us at the lead in the fight against Covid.

Economy took a hit, but is steadily getting back on track. Migrants workers were the ones to face the brunt of the disorder that prevailed earlier. The migrants' situation could have been handled more efficiently.

What are your thoughts? What we could have done differently? Are you happy with the efforts of the Government? How did the pandemic changed the dynamics of the working culture? Anything else you want to comment about?

Be sure to add your views in the comments.

.2 years ago

@prateekchopra Little did we know about the consequence

.3 years ago

@prateekchopra I read somewhere that pre-covid, India did not produce domestically a basic medical equipment like ventilator and was dependent on imports from foreign countries. I think medical infrastructure has definitely got better.

But this pandemic was really bad for small businesses as they did not have the ability to take the economic hit, where as numerous big corporations still posted profits.

The working culture has definitely changed with work from home being preferred now.Education system also got upgraded with online classes being the only option. I think online teaching industry has boomed bcz of this.

.3 years ago

@prateekchopra with a national recovery rate of almost 97% and total daily recoveries outnumbering total new cases daily for the last 20 days, we have definitely achieved some success, but as long as we dont achieve herd immunity, the scare is not over.

There is some confusion about the roll-out of the vaccine as one did not complete the phase 3 trial. Efficacy numbers are awaited. and I really hope that the distribution of vacinnes go as planned.

.3 years ago

@ravikumar I think phase 3 trials for Covaxin have been concluded, but the efficacy data is not published to the public. Some preliminary data was submitted to DGCI on the basis of which it got emergency use certificate. I would love some clarification on that though.