4 years ago

Is it the correct step and time for THE REPATRIATION EXERCISE of the Indians from U.A.E??

As we all are aware about the "Vande Bharat Mission" Exercise, known as the World's biggest expatriation exercise of the world, taking off today. What ae your opinions on this?

Do you think this is the correct step, correct timing to start something like this as we already know that the COVID19 cases in India are soaring rapidly. This expatriation might bolster the Pandemic and could give catastorphic results. I am sharing some of the main points below.

1. The mission is all about bringing stranded Indians from abroad.

2. 64 flights over 1 week to repatriatestranded Indians.

3. 14,800 Indians from 12 countries to be brought back in phase1.

.4 years ago

@VAIBHAVSINGH0632 We must not turn our back to our citiziens in this hour of need, no matter where they are. The exercise is about bringing around 1 lakh indian nationals back home. The govt is doing it in a phased manner - Phase 1 will bring back around 15000 (as you mentioned in the discussion). Doing it in a phased manner will not put pressure on the already-burdened-with-work authorities, and will not pose a threat to the rest of the citizens who are already living in India. 

Also, do we know how many people will get back and from which countries?

.4 years ago

@VAIBHAVSINGH0632 We must not turn our back to our citiziens in this hour of need, no matter where they are. The exercise is about bringing around 1 lakh indian nationals back home. The govt is doing it in a phased manner - Phase 1 will bring back around 15000 (as you mentioned in the discussion). Doing it in a phased manner will not put pressure on the already-burdened-with-work authorities, and will not pose a threat to the rest of the citizens who are already living in India. 

Also, do we know how many people will get back and from which countries?

.4 years ago

@VAIBHAVSINGH0632 Yes, it can b risky! But, let me bring in d incidence which happnd few days back in kashmir where our 5 armymen were martyred so that not even a scratch comes to our civilians..otherwise they could hav easily destroyed the house and killed the terrorists inside...so, what does our army teaches us? They teach us that we can't let even a single indian die no matter what the hardships are..But at the same time take all precautions necessary..

They are our people and we shud do all in our power to bring them to a safe place..Afterall it is what our culture teaches us..

They r our brothers and sisters and we are never taught of leaving our brothrs & sisters helpless no matter what d circumstances are..

BUT it is also necessary to take all precautionary steps to prevent any mishap due to them..like : quarantining them, poper checkups etc.

.4 years ago

@P.A "Nation comes first" is what they teach us. I cannot agree with you more. The thing that only concerns me is the authorities must have a proper plan to execute as we all know that there is a second face of this pandemic also i.e this disease now is asymptomatic too. This means that if you have the virus, then initially you would not be able to sense the symptoms which is quite concerning. The only precautionary step is to isolate them for more days.

.4 years ago

@VAIBHAVSINGH0632 yes it has become a major concern and isolation is the only way out for now..

.4 years ago

@VAIBHAVSINGH0632 i think we have the capability to handle this. If we dont have then we must build that capability. The virus has already spread so much that it is only matter of time when we will have worlds highest numbers. Plus we can not leave our people out there helpless. So let them come in. Keep them in isolation. And its solved. Probably!

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani the situation in such. It is easy for all of us to decide or calculate whether this should be done or not. But things change suddenly if one of those stranded is my father and I know that he is not doing well there. In that case I would wish that the gov bring him here and then treat them accordingly. Best for everyone. 

.4 years ago

@jayeshdhyani I feel exactly the way you do. It doesn't matter if they are in my blood relation's or not. We all are in this together. I, too, want every Indian who is stranded abroad to be brought here back. I just want the disease to be contaminated so that no more lives are lost. We are a populous country and we very well know if a single positive case is out there roaming, the situation is going to get worse more than ever. I just hope that this is a wise decision and the government has all the plans and facilities to assist them.

.4 years ago

@VAIBHAVSINGH0632 bring back 1 lakh Indians if there are such , but for the ones who are within India please don't create a ruckus. If they have planned for the 14800 well and good . If not then first they should plan properly and only then.

.4 years ago

@Tuhin12 This is what worying me the most. I just hope that they are all well and good. If anyone among them is found positive, this is going to deteriorate the situation and more lives will be at risk. I am too in favour of the re-union, but not by endangering other's lives. Just pray that the government has a proper plan to tackle this accordingly.